Английские прилагательные, оканчивающиеся на -ing/-ed.
Прилагательное с окончанием -ing употребляется, когда оно характеризует лицо или предмет:
This book is rather interesting.
The football match was exciting.
Прилагательное с окончанием -ed употребляется, когда оно характеризует чье-либо воздействие на лицо или предмет:
I was interested by the book.
We were excited by the results of the match.
Выберите правильное слово.
- I’m (interesting/interested) in collecting stamps.
2. Everyone is (depressed/depressing) by the awful weather.
3. I think that airports are (exciting/excited) places.
4. I’m (tired/tiring). I think I’ll go to bed.
5. The journey was (exhausted/exhausting)!
6. It’s not (surprising/surprised) that she’s busy. She’s got six children.
7. The teacher was (annoying/annoyed) because I had forgotten to do my homework.
8. He loved that museum – he thought it was (fascinating/fascinated).
9. We went to the cinema but I was very (boring/bored) because I had seen that film before.
10. I like this monkey. It is very (amused/amusing).
11. I was so hurt when he said I was (boring/bored).
12. He works very hard. it’s not (surprising/surprised) that he is always tired.
13. We were (shocking/shocked) when we heard the news.
14. I didn’t find the situation funny. I was not (amusing/amused).
15. The journey was really (exciting/excited). i enjoyed it.
16. I am not keen on golf. When i played it, I was really (boring/bored).
17. She has really learnt very fast. She has made (astonishing/astonished) progress.
18. Tom is very good at telling funny stories. He can be very (amusing/amused).
19. When we heard the news, we didn’t know what to do. The news was (shocking/shocked).
20. The weather forecast was (terrifying/terrified). The (worrying/worried) authorities cancelled the match.